7.24.2014
Twas the night before chemo...
and all through the house, not a creature was stirring -- except me and my clippers! :-) Ok, lots of us were stirring - anxious to see what tomorrow brings and thankful for the blessings of today! When I woke up this morning I was really nervous that tonight was the night my mom wanted me to shave her hair off in preparation for chemo! She didn't want to lose it slowly and in clumps...just take it off and be ready! I said a silent prayer as I started and let me tell you - I was amazed at the love, laughter, and peace in the room! My mom is a beautiful sight - hair or no hair! She is starting to get some color back and she's lost a ton of weight, but the doctor says she will get that all back with chemo!
Of course I am surrounded by a very supportive family...my brother went bald as well (he had a ton of hair - hadn't cut it in almost 6 years) and then my baby boy and hubby also joined the cause!
My oldest created a beautiful scarf for my mom this past week and we plan to make more! I love the time that I am getting to spend with her creating these with love for someone so special! I will be sure to post some pictures of her and I in the process soon! We continue to ask for your prayers - for a spirit of peace and strength tomorrow as we go into the unknown of chemo and for quick recovery from any side affects! I thank you each of you that keeps us in prayer - I appreciate it more than words can express!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment