After the performance the girls got to give high fives to one of the boys, Puddin' was acting all shy but Peanut was lovin' it! Puddin' had tons of questions afterwards and I tried to answer as best I could! We opted to sponsor a child and the kids are wanting to go to Africa and meet this child...oh if only we could! :-)
Other than that it was a pretty low key weekend..took the kids out to play while Papa slept Sat AM. I actually made Spanish rice and tacos for dinner (only the 2nd time in my life that I have made Spanish rice..thanks to my little sis for the step by step instructions!!) The kids loved it too. We attended church Sun AM and had a nice long walk this evening - which was great, as it rained all morning and early afternoon so getting out was necessary!
3.15.2009
Our kids have big hearts!
But we already knew this, right? This weekend we had the pleasure of attending The Children of the World International Children's Choir - these 13 beautiful children from Africa where just amazing! I explained to the girls before we left that these children lost a mom / dad or both to the disease HIV / AIDS and that they were going around the world singing to make us aware and act. So they asked what we could do and I said that for right now we could donate money...so they went to their piggy banks and pulled out their money! The girls wanted to give all of the money in their piggy banks but I said we would have other opportunities to give and that mommy and papa would be donating as well, they were content with that. Bad lighting, but here are two photos of the choir - it was a wonderful performance, and all three kids had a great time watching and dancing!
After the performance the girls got to give high fives to one of the boys, Puddin' was acting all shy but Peanut was lovin' it! Puddin' had tons of questions afterwards and I tried to answer as best I could! We opted to sponsor a child and the kids are wanting to go to Africa and meet this child...oh if only we could! :-)
Other than that it was a pretty low key weekend..took the kids out to play while Papa slept Sat AM. I actually made Spanish rice and tacos for dinner (only the 2nd time in my life that I have made Spanish rice..thanks to my little sis for the step by step instructions!!) The kids loved it too. We attended church Sun AM and had a nice long walk this evening - which was great, as it rained all morning and early afternoon so getting out was necessary!
After the performance the girls got to give high fives to one of the boys, Puddin' was acting all shy but Peanut was lovin' it! Puddin' had tons of questions afterwards and I tried to answer as best I could! We opted to sponsor a child and the kids are wanting to go to Africa and meet this child...oh if only we could! :-)
Other than that it was a pretty low key weekend..took the kids out to play while Papa slept Sat AM. I actually made Spanish rice and tacos for dinner (only the 2nd time in my life that I have made Spanish rice..thanks to my little sis for the step by step instructions!!) The kids loved it too. We attended church Sun AM and had a nice long walk this evening - which was great, as it rained all morning and early afternoon so getting out was necessary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Miss you all!!
hi Holly - I've been meaning to email you...the girls talk about their friends ALL the time! We miss you guys! Hope all is well.
Post a Comment