1.25.2009

Just not going our way

We were supposed to spend the weekend in Seattle and then head up to Lynden to visit my dad's gravesite, as it is his birthday on Monday...but it just didn't work out. Thursday monster was throwing up, but I talked with the nurse and she said as long as he was fine up until we left he should be good to go...so with no other episodes we hit the road Friday morning for Seattle! We got there and the kids had a great time playing with their cousins...and running off a ton of energy! At 5PM I got a message from the recruiter...DON'T show up to work on Monday!! Yet another delay...turns out the project they had slated for me has not been approved and until that happens I won't be going to work! UGH!! Saturday morning the kids woke me up bright and early (5:15AM)...Puddin' complaining that her stomach hurt, and mine was hurting too so I figured it was the pizza we ate the night before!? 15 minutes later she was throwing up...and then I started! I felt much better after getting that out, but puddin' said she was just ok. I decided to still go ahead with the drive to Lynden...we didn't even get out of Seattle and she was throwing up again! So we turned around and headed back to my sisters! We rested awhile - puddin' slept and the other two played with their cousin (picture is two of them trying to play a video game, which peanut has no clue what she is doing)! :-)
I started to feel really weak and achy - figured it is from not eating all day! I figured I needed to get home - so I could be sick in my own bed and puddin' too! So I got the car together, gave the kids some medicine and off we went. We didn't get far and puddin' had an incident (Tacoma)...but it was minimal and she at least made it into the bucket Tia gave her to use! With a quick stop to clean up we were back on our way...and all 3 kids slept the ENTIRE trip home! I could barely walk up the stairs when we got home - and of course Papa was heading to work, so no help for me! Luckily, I took some Day Flu medicine and had enough energy to last the night and get the kids to bed...slept great and woke up feeling much better! Puddin' is much better today, so what ever hit us seems to be gone pretty quickly! So this week I will continue the job search and see just how quickly I can make something happen!
So Happy Birthday to my dad - thinking of you and missing you!

No comments: