8.22.2009

You'd think I'd forgotten how to multi-task!

Boy, I can't believe it's been a month since my last post! Getting back into the work routine has been tough, even though I was only off for a month!! I must say, having that month off with the kids was wonderful...and makes me push harder for us to get some bills paid off so I can stay home with them all the time! Of course, work will always be calling me to some extent...so I strive to get a part-time position when the time is right!! It has been really hard on our Peanut transitioning back to me being at work...tantrums almost every day when I leave, which just breaks my heart! I hope that once she starts school in two weeks that will change! My job update: It has been REALLY slow...computer wasn't set up for the first week, the stakeholder for my project was on vacation for a week, and there is a "freeze" on meeting during their "busy" time so that added a delay of a few days...so I can start to have a few meetings with people this week to actually kick off my project!! I work with some very nice people and the company is hiring like crazy - I am learning a ton about mortgage servicing and enjoying it! They are strict on my hours, so I am not allowed to work more than 40 a week and it is less than 10 minutes from our place...I can't beat that! Papa: He is doing really good at work - they have constantly stayed busy, which is a great thing!! The company just completed a competition between all restaurants and his restaurant won...so the management team (that would be hubby) gets to go to VEGAS with the CEO of the company for a long weekend! It looks like they are planning that for mid September - it's a great thing that he'll get in front of the CEO for a lot of face to face time!! Puddin' update: She just had a horrible asthma attack, which caused her to be at the doc office for 8 hours getting breathing treatments! We do not know what is causing these issues, and it's really scary cause her lung capacity goes down to like 20%...she was about to be admitted to the hospital, but she improved enough for them to send her home instead. We have visits to the doc now every 3 days until this is better. She will have a chest x-ray next week, to see if that shows anything (she has one a few weeks back which had a few items listed as "border line"). Say a little prayer for our baby as she gets thru this illness! We went school shopping last week and she is so excited for school to start (as are we). 2 weeks and counting!! She had a wonderful time at church camp and here is a picture of her performing at the church picnic...she is our entertainer!! Peanut update: Like I mentioned earlier she is really having a hard time with my being back at work, but she has blossomed into a little girl this summer and is embracing her role as a big sister! So eager to help with her little brother, yet so darn stubborn when it comes to cleaning up her toys! ;-) She starts pre-school in 2 weeks and she can't wait to meet new friends! We are so excited that she is going to have this opportunity to make her own friends and have some time away from her siblings! It's only 3 days a week and for 2 1/2 hours on those days, but that is plenty for her right now! Here is a picture of her posing for the camera when I was trying to get a picture of Uncle Kelvin! Last, but not least our update on Monster: POTTY, POTTY, POTTY! He has been the easiest thus far on potty training! Yes, we did introduce the concept young with him, but about 2 weeks ago he started TELLING US when he had to go potty...and he has been holding it until he got on the toliet 50% of the time! We just hope this continues, but we aren't pushing it...slow and steady!! It will be interesting to see how he reacts to both girls being gone a few days a week...I hope that he enjoys the 1:1 time with Papa! I promise to update more frequently...I, of course, will post with first day of school pictures for both the girls! Wish me luck on that day!

No comments: