7.14.2009

Update...it's a long one!

I have been meaning to post for a few days, but for some reason I always shut down the computer before I get to the blog!! But I remembered tonight and that is what counts, right!? Last week we went to the Oregon coast on Papa's days off...we left on Tuesday AM and returned Thursday early afternoon. We had a really good time, Uncle Jeff joined us and the kids just loved that! They can't get enough of him - and I actually get a teeny tiny break when he is around (can't thank you enough for that)!! On the way there we stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory - where we saw where the cheese is made and then sorted! Highlight of the tour is, of course, the ice cream!! Once we arrived we walked around the TINY town of Depoe Bay and had lunch...then the kids got to swim at the resort! The next day we headed to the beach, while it was a little windy / cold that didn't affect the kids and their ability to have fun and get wet - and Uncle Jeff was right there with them!! Later that day we went to the nearby aquarium, which was nice but Monster pretty much slept thru the whole thing! While there I got two calls for interviews - YAY!! I went on an interview the day we returned, and they loved me but I turned the position down as it was going to be long hours and the commute was not ideal...I still find it hard to believe in this economy I turned down a job, but I had to go with my gut! I had a different interview yesterday afternoon and that went really well - they are going to take a little longer getting back to me, like almost two weeks, just to hear if I move on to the 2nd round! I am 1 of 12 candidates and he said that I had everything they were looking for...so keep us in your prayers that it turns out as it should, this one feels like a great opportunity! I also got another call today about a position that I hope to have a phone interview in the next couple of days...we shall see! Promising that I am at least getting interviews...just need the right one to stick and for me to be patient while the right job finds me! ;-) Today the kids and I went and picked berries...raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Our Pumpkin had a BLAST!!! She fell right into place and knew exactly which ones to pick, I guess she was listening when grandpa gave her that lesson a few years ago (he,he). Girl was a mess at the end, but at least I put them in clothes that I didn't care about!! So, we are all doing really good here!! Enjoying Portland and the weather has just been perfect...couldn't ask for anything better. We have truly been getting to know this great state a lot more - venturing out to different places, and are so glad that we made the move!! We all love it!! Have a great week.

No comments: